The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

If you have 15 minutes to kill...

Check out Bill Simmons' Vengeance Scale.  My personal favorite:
 
4.8 -- Inigo Montoya vanquishing Count Rugen in "The Princess Bride" -- "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (Penalty points because this was a kid's movie.)

Kids movie or not, who has ever been more concerned with revenge than Inigo?  The first question he asks anyone he meets is "do you have six fingers on you right hand?"  I usually say "Hi, nice to meet you."  He spends his whole life seeking this one person, only to suffer a devastating stab wound when he finally locates the six fingered Count.  Inigo is so consumed with revenge that he gets up, ignores the pain, and defeats the count, first slicing his face, all while telling the Count to beg him which he enthusiastically does:
 
Inigo Montoya: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money. [slices Count Rugen's cheek]
Count Rugen: Yes.
Inigo Montoya: Power too. Promise me that. [slices Count Rugen's other cheek]
Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...
Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
Count Rugen: Any thing you want.
Inigo Montoya: I want my father back, you son of bitch. [stabs and kills Count Rugen]
(Courtesy of IMDB)
 
And Shaquille O'Neal ranks higher than this?  I think not.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo