The Electric Commentary

Thursday, July 29, 2004

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

First, read this.

Taco Bell is not one of my favorite fast food restaurants.  I think most of their items are rather repulsive actually.  My wife briefly worked for a Taco Bell/Blimpies (what ever happened to Blimpies, anyway?) in college and her descriptions of some of the Taco Bell ingredients made me scared of most of the menu.  But I love the Chili Cheese Burrito.  So mysterious.  So indescribable.  What is that stuff in there anyway?  As James Lileks writes:

This is a sin. I had no idea that the Chili Cheese Burrito was in danger. Aside from the humble “taco” that TB does so well, the Chili Cheese Burrito is the ultimate old-school Taco Bell food. It consists of a tortilla slathered with an inscrutable meat paste, drizzled with cheddar and steamed to death in a small machine. It’s perhaps the most potent fat-delivery system in fast food, and I lament its passing.

I haven't been to a Taco Bell in ages, and I'm not sure that they even exist in the city of Chicago, but this will make my occasional commutes to Madison and Milwaukee depressing. 
May you rest in peace, gentle semi-processed pseudo-Mexican food-like product. 

1 Comments:

  • I clicked on the link and when I saw a picture of that thing it triggered a harsher gag reflex than the liquid doughnut did. I hope it burns in hell and I hope the rest of Taco Bell follows close behind.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo