The Electric Commentary

Friday, July 30, 2004

Quote of the day

Surfer Bethany Hamilton (yeah, that's the girl who's arm got taken off by a 15 foot tigershark last year) is competing in an indoor surfing competition in Wisconsin Dells this Saturday. Here's a Q & A session with the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel:

Q. You're coming to Wisconsin Dells this month to surf indoors at Kalahari water park. Have you ever surfed indoors before? What's the difference between surfing indoors compared with surfing in the ocean?

A. Oh no! I've never surfed anywhere where there's no ocean. That's why I'm excited to see the waves with no ocean at the Kalahari. I think surfing indoors will be more predictable, I imagine. Also, I bet it's safer! (emphasis added)


I also would bet that it is safer, because, well, there are no frickin sharks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo