The Electric Commentary

Friday, July 16, 2004

The Sports Guy...

Excuse me, the Boston Sports Guy, Bill Simmons, is the best sportswriter ever.  He has a mailbag column up today (these are always good) and he is being forced to let Jimmy Kimmel participate due to a bet that he lost during All Star weekend.  The good bits:
 
Q: Why do British people not have an accent when they sing? If I was lost in England and I asked for directions, would it be out of line if I asked them to sing it for me if I couldn't understand the first time?-- Keith R., Ronkonkoma, N.Y.

JK: I've always wondered about this. I've given it a lot of thought and the only answer I can come up with is -- when they talk, they're faking it. It's a phony accent designed to make us feel dumb. The only English guy I can think of who sings with an accent is Ringo. Maybe he's just too far out of it to play along with the rest of the Brits.

BS: I don't like British people.

 
If you have an affinity for sports or pop culture (or if you like the Christopher Walken/Will Ferrell Cowbell sketch as much as I do) you should check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo