The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Minneapolis: We have big canons

According to USA Today, Minneapolis ranks as the most literate city in America. I can't say that I'm suprised. Maybe those high taxes do some good after all.

I'm returning to Minneapolis this fall and I'm excited to see the new light-rail system and the new central library, which voters overwhelmingly approved. I've missed you Minneapolis, and I'm comin' home to you the city of educated, concerned, aware, artistic, musical, accepting and all-around nice people.

Eat your heart out New York.

2 Comments:

  • But you know what's messed up? In Minnesota, kids don't play "duck, duck, goose." Instead, they play "duck, duck, grey duck." I'm not kidding.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 10:47 AM  

  • Ever notice that states with crappy public education have crappy private education too? I wonder if there's a link...

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo