The Electric Commentary

Monday, September 20, 2004

Contract This!

After talk of stealing away my city's baseball team through "contraction," it makes me beam with pride to see them play like champions year after year after year. The Minnesota Twins won their third consecutive American League Central title despite (and this is my favorite part) not having a top 10 AL leader in runs, hits, triples, home runs, RBI, or batting average. No superstars, no franchise players, just solid pitching and all around good baseball. It's fun to watch and has brought me back to watching a game that I had, for a time, given up on. Now if we could only beat the Yankees...

1 Comments:

  • Plus Minnesota will boast the Cy Young award winner this year in Johan Santana. Go Twinkies!

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo