The Electric Commentary

Friday, September 03, 2004

I'm listening to the soundtrack to Garden State right now.

It's one of the best CD's I've heard in a long time. The Shins' tunes are particularly good. I also like Zero 7's "In the Waiting line" and Frou Frou's "Let Go." Top it off with a nice Simon and Garfunkel tune, my favorite Coldplay song, and a Nick Drake classic, and there is no skipping necessary.

Plus the movie has been growing on me in retrospect. The movie and the soundtrack are definitely worth checking out.


2 Comments:

  • I saw it last night. Best flick I've seen in years. It was funny and serious. Well written and well acted. Creative, but not overly artsy. Plus Natalie is the most likeable actress in the world. The soundtrack topped it all off.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 3:01 PM  

  • With an obvious message, the film didn't hesitate to go over the top to point it out. While most indie films are blanketed in serious subtlety, Garden State instead uses sarcastic humor, and in doing so creates a much better than average film. It's funny, thought provoking, and the post-college 20-something movie of the 21st century.

    It's been growing on me as well.

    By Blogger RyanSimatic, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo