The Electric Commentary

Thursday, September 30, 2004

So let me get this straight...

I am allowed to hang around on the sidewalk all night long and it is perfectly legal, but if I hang around on the sidewalk all night long with a blanket it is against the law and I get a $181 fine?

Update: Local law enforcement officers showed their understanding of law earlier this week when they arrested and fined Bucky Badger at the football game for crowd surfing.

Is this what are lawmakers intended? "No camping" means people waiting for tickets have to shiver? "No body passing" applies to the mascot? Hey, I hear there's a concert later this week, maybe they can issue a citation for excessive noise.

3 Comments:

  • I'm glad the cops have so little to do. After all, I'm sure that there were no drunken fights or anything like that going on. A "safety issue?" Is the police code now "to protect, serve, and be your mommy?"

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 1:17 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 10:39 AM  

  • Capt. Brian Bridges, UWPD, stated that:

    "It doesn't matter if the surfer is wearing a Bucky suit or not. Just being a mascot does not entitle you to break the law. What if students joined in. Someone could get passed over the back rail."

    Encouraged by the captain's analogy, several students have been planning for next weeks game. Said Sophomore Sidney Arroyoh:

    "I plan to run onto the field next week and kick Chief Illiniwek in the nuts, and, if I can enlist the help of others, ram him crotch first into the goal post. Then I'm going to run around with the band, hug the cheerleaders, and do pushups when we score. If I can manage to avoid security long enough I will also stand on my head. After all, if Bucky is allowed to do these things, I must be able to as well. I can't tell the difference between the mascot and the fans."

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo