The Electric Commentary

Monday, October 25, 2004

Signs of the Apocalypse

Quick Hitters:

It isn't enough that the Red Sox are in the World Series after coming back from an 0-3 deficit against the hated New York Yankees, no sir. Just to add fuel to the "end of the world" fire, Neil Rackers, perhaps the worst kicker in the history of the NFL, had to go and make three field goals of 50 yards or more (two from 55!). Beware.

Also, the Dolphins won. Must be time for Halloween. (Note: I was looking up and down their schedule trying to figure out how they would win a game. I figured that their one remaining shot at Buffalo was all that they could hope for. I forgot all about the Martz factor.

And the Chiefs rushed for 8 touchdowns.

There was a bit of a vintage feel to this weeks game with Emmitt Smith gaining over 100 yards, (as did Jimmy Smith, a good day to be an old guy named Smith). Deion had two picks and a touchdown (high steppin' all the way. When Deion does the high step shouldn't the stadium sound system operator play show tunes? Like:

Days can be sunny,
With never a sigh ;
Don't need what money can buy.
Birds in the tree sing
Their dayful of song,
Why shouldn't we sing along ?
I'm chipper all the day,
Happy with my lot.
How do I get that way ?
Look at what I've got :

I got rhythm
I got music
I got my man/girl
Who could ask for anything more ?
I got daisies In green pastures,
I got my man/girl
Who could ask for anything more ?)

This would immensely increase my desire to watch Deion play. Plus whenever they play the Eagles it will make TO uncomfortable.

Then again, if Sunday was a truly "old school day" the Packers would not have beaten the Cowboys by 3 touchdowns.

Some lucky sportswriters were able to write the following sentence this morning:

Derrick Blaylock set a career high by rushing for four touchdowns on Sunday, tied for most on the team.

Peyton Manning got into a shoving match with WR Reggie Wayne (Can you say "Idiot Wide Receiver?")

As I have the ability to injure players that I draft in fantasy football, so do I have the power to inspire great performances by benching people on my fantasy football team, as I did this week to Ahman Green. Hey, the Pack needed the victory. (Plus I have Mewelde Moore, Ruben Droughns, and Rudi Johnson in reserve.)

Craig Krenzel played quarterback in an honest-to-goodness NFL game this week. C'mon Bears, you could have at least called me. I live just down the street, I could have been there in like five minutes.

The Packers now have the 7th best record in the NFC.

Kyle Boller's Ravens won by two touchdowns even though they wee without Jamal Lewis and Boller threw for 86 yards. The Detroit Pistons of the NFL.

Trackback

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo