The Electric Commentary

Monday, November 15, 2004

Street Names

I've always liked that the streets in the city where I live are named after the signers of the United States Constitution. Every street in down town Madison, with the exception of State Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd is named after someone that signed the constitution. I think that nearly all of the signers are covered. It's not just the big names like Washington and Franklin. For example, I live on Dayton Street, about half way between Basset and Broom. There is also Langdon, Gorham, Gilman, King, Johnson, Sherman, Mifflin, Ingersol, Bedford, Carrol and Williamson. I would bet that you could find them all if you looked at all of the side streets and alleys. (You wouldn't believe how many students here aren't aware of the theme and think Broom Street is named after a tool used for sweeping.)

But I suppose that naming your streets after prominant terrorists would be interesting too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo