The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I hate you Mike.

I lost in the first round of "the incredibly complicated fantasy football league" and it is all Mike's fault.

Who's Mike? That would be Mike Tice, and Mike Shanahan.
My team has relied heavily on Daunte Culpepper and Reuben Droughns for most of the season. Generally, they have risen to the task and performed well, but on Sunday my two powerhouses were denied easy points, first by the emergence of Tatum Bell for the Broncos (who came in for Reuben after he fumbled twice, promptly scored two touchdowns, basically made himself into a first round fantasy selection next year, and then blew out his shoulder. Couldn't he have waited a week?) and then by that horribly incompetent interception thrown by Randy Moss. Maybe Culpepper doesn't convert either, but it would have been nice to have a few tries. Not that I'm complaining too much about that, as the Pack comes first, and that was a nice loss (I love Mike Tice and I hope he coaches the Vikings forever. Actually, I love the consistently bad coaching on every NFC North team other than the Packers, from Dave Wannstedt to Wayne Fontes to Denny Green's fantastic playoff collapses, it is truly marvelous. Unfortunately it seems to be improving with Lovie Smith and Mooch, but we still have Tice. At least we were smart enough to fire Ray Rhodes right away.)

I was also about 1/2 an inch from getting a Tony Gonzalez TD (Note: I still maintain that the ball broke the plane of the goal line when he was swinging his arm around wildly. I know that when he was tackled the ball wasn't in the end zone, but I maintain that it was in before he was ever tackled). By my unofficial count, I lost by a single point. Oh well, there's always next year. And I am still alive and in good shape in a different league.

But I should have won this game. And it's your fault, Mike. So I hate you. Just so you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo