The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Cough, Cough

Posting will be light today. You see, I've been a bundle of nerves all day as there was a fire at the Roosevelt "L" stop this morning as my train was going through it. No huge flames or anything, it was just filled with smoke. It was disconcerting, and we took some of the smoke with us for the rest of the trip (the train actually made the stop). I've been light-headed since then and I can still taste it. It must have been pretty minor, as I have yet to see a news story on it, (plus we made the stop), but for everyone in my train car it was serious (and we were delayed at Cermak/Chinatown for 20 minutes while it was extinguished). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling a bit ill, and that occasionally the public transportation here spontaneously bursts into flames.

UPDATE: OK, this is getting weird. Now there are Firemen walking around work, and there are a few trucks outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo