The Electric Commentary

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Good luck to everyone taking the Illinois Bar Exam

Which is occurring this very minute. It's the second and final day of the big test, so I will shortly be joined in the attorney's union by hundreds of new colleagues.

Here is a fun fact about the Bar Exam:

If your cell phone goes off while you're taking it, you fail automatically. It happened once during yesterday's session and it tends to happen once or twice per year. The same goes for beeping watches, MP3 players, or any "similar or dissimilar devices."

Dissimilar devices? Only a law exam could contain that sentence.

3 Comments:

  • I also heard that some dude panicked from the pressure and puked all over his seat and desk...

    By Blogger Homer, at 11:39 PM  

  • I heard that too. And if memory serves you only get one copy.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 12:27 AM  

  • I sat next to a guy who had his cell phone go off twice in the AM multi-state. He DID not get booted from the exam. I heard some people did get booted the first day for a cell phone going off, so if I were them, I would be even more mad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo