The Electric Commentary

Friday, August 05, 2005

That's just a little bit more than the law would allow.

The Duke Boys suck. So sayeth Chris at the L&N Line:

Burt Reynolds, as Boss Hogg, may give his worst performance of his entire career. I remember seeing an interview with Barbara Walters before the 1997 Oscars (he got nominated for Boogie Nights), where Walters asked, "If you don't win, what will you do?" Reynolds replied, "Then you will see the best acting you will ever see." Hard to argue, really, when you look at Reynolds' track record after 1997 with classics such as Universal Soldier II: Brothers In Arms and Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business, not to mention last year's Without A Paddle and this summer's The Longest Yard.

4 Comments:

  • Mystery Alaska came out after Boogie Nights. I liked it and thought he was pretty good, but certainly not the best acting ai've ever seen. Better than "Without a Paddle" though.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 9:32 AM  

  • I was never a huge Burt fan. Boss Hogg should definitely have been played by Danny Devito.

    By Anonymous Scott H, at 12:55 PM  

  • I can't believe I'm actually sitting here analyzing the conversation of a couple of idiots like Burt Reynolds and Barbara Walters, but I think some people misunderstood what Reynolds was saying. He wasn't saying, "If I don't win, I'm going to become an even better actor in the future." He was saying, "If I don't win, I'm going to do a very good impression of a gracious loser. I'll act like I'm happy for the winner even though I'm upset for myself."

    By Blogger MDS, at 1:44 PM  

  • You're right. And I also can't believe that you did that.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo