The Electric Commentary

Thursday, November 17, 2005

CTA Problems

I actually haven't had CTA train problems in a while, but this morning they made me stand outside in 25 degree weather on a train platform for 1 hour and 15 minutes due to debris (read: body) on the tracks.

As a result, I have a lot of catching up to do, and my fingers are frozen together. Blogging may be light today.

If you're bored, you owe it to yourself to head over to Ace's place where you can read a story about a dedicated sports fan. Very dedicated. If I say anymore, I'll ruin the surprise.

And don't miss the update in the post right below this one.

3 Comments:

  • I think that sports fan has provided a great benefit to society because of his avid support.

    By Anonymous scott, at 10:28 AM  

  • I sat at the Sheridan red line stop for 20 minutes this morning, staring at the train in front of me and hoping it would open its doors. It never did, and when the train finally started moving, it went about five feet before I heard a loud boom and saw sparks fly everywhere. I got the hell out of there, and fortunately the wife was able to drive me to work. Still not sure what the hell happened or how I'll get home.

    By Blogger MDS, at 10:55 AM  

  • Whoa. So it wasn't a body then. I was at Addison and they were doing work between Sheridan and Addison the whole time. It was a good idea to leave. They kept telling us that it would be moving in a matter of minutes, so we waited and waited and waited, and finally I gathered a group to hail a cab, so we went downstairs and by then there was a long line of people trying to get cabs. After a few minutes of that a CTA worker came out and told us that they had it fixed and that they'd be running an Express train to Grand (my stop) shortly, so we went back up to the platform and waited another 15 minutes (which is apparently "shortly" in CTA land) until the train finally showed up and 8 million people all managed to squeeze on.

    Hopefully they've gotten it all straightened out by this evening.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo