The Electric Commentary

Monday, December 26, 2005

I Am The Champion

of my complicated 28 team fantasy football league! (The league that's run by this guy.)

Here's the winning lineup for my Electric Mayhem:

QB - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Tiki Barber
RB - Rudi Johnson
WR - Santana Moss
WR - Terry Glenn
Flex - Mike Anderson
K - Mike Vanderjagt
DE - Adawale Ogunleye
LB - Gary Brackett
DB - Gibril Wilson
DFlex - Derrick Brooks

Good season guys. And a hearty "good game" to Steve Schwai who had a hard-luck championship game, as he had to deal with injuries to his two best players (Tomlinson and Harrison).

Update: Just a clarification. The 28 team league operates like two 14-team leagues. The league is split into the AFC and the NFC, with the total pool of NFL players available to each league. So, it was possible that Steve and I could have had players in common in the Super Bowl, although this did not happen.

5 Comments:

  • I am in awe that you managed to get all those guys on your roster in a 28-team league. And to think you doubted the Pro Football Prospectus projections on Tiki Barber.

    By Blogger MDS, at 10:24 AM  

  • Just to point out that it is really 2 14 team leagues and each leagues winner competes in a championship game, so you could see the same players on each championship team.

    It should be pointed out that Steve took the team over near the beginning of the season and really had to overhaul it to get a chance at the championship, but he ran into key injuries at the wrong time.

    Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Rod, at 10:53 AM  

  • Nice work Paul.

    By Blogger Brian Hagedorn, at 8:14 PM  

  • Thanks for clarifying, Rod. I took today off too to see some more relatives, and that post made my accomplishment seem more impressive than it actually was.

    So, two 14 team leagues is basically correct.

    And I may have doubted the Tiki projection, but I trusted it enough. However, I should point out that my two RBs in my other league were Julius and KEvin Jones. I didn't do so well there.

    Thanks Brian

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 10:48 PM  

  • Paul,

    It's all about performance of your top players when the playoffs hit. The number one offense (our NFC conference) Dave lost in week one of the playoffs when his QB was hurt from the week before. Rod lost out when the number two offense scored 8 points with his starting RB's and QB. I survived a close call with Kenny last week and watched my trail derail with injuries. Santana Moss was your big star in the final. I was hoping it would have been closer.

    Congrats Paul, you are the champ.

    By Anonymous Steve, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo