The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The War on Drugs Defeats Nyquil

Stephen Green is absolutely right, and it is a travesty:

What's the difference between the old and new versions of NyQuil?

The old version of NyQuil contained the nasal decongestant pseudoephedrine. The new version does not contain a nasal decongestant.

That's right. Nyquil is no longer "The Nightime Sniffling Sneezing Coughing Aching Stuffyhead Fever So You Can Rest Medicine." Now Nyquil is the "Screw You Go Suffer Instead of Getting Any Rest At All Placebo."

Nyquil was the one thing I could count on when I was too sick to function. Nyquil was the legal cure for the common insomnia. Now it's just another bottle of syrupy crap that tastes like something rejected from the Jaegermeister distillery.

For that, we have the likes of Diane Feinstein and Jim Talent to thank, along with a few cowards at Vicks.


He's right. The last time I was sick, the Nyquil just wasn't the same.

4 Comments:

  • If I had known that Vicks was going to change the formula I would've bought out every pharmacy in the area hording as much as possible. Not unlike a certain Seinfeld episode involving "the sponge."

    Every cold after that I would've been asking myself...am I Nyquil worthy?

    By Anonymous Spenser, at 10:47 AM  

  • I'm going to become a meth head just to spite Congress. That'll teach 'em.

    By Blogger dhodge, at 11:09 AM  

  • When you are sick you don't look at the ingredients, just you know, much to my surprise when nyquil made me sicker, I seem to be allergic to dayquil and now that they have the same formula, that was a rough night. They really need to tell people when the do something like that.

    By Blogger Andreanalaska, at 3:30 PM  

  • You can still get it behind the counter. You just have to show your ID and submit to a retina scan, and leave a DNA sample.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo