The Electric Commentary

Friday, January 20, 2006

NFL Playoff Preview

I have no idea. None. All of my theories blew up in may face, and now we're left with a group of teams that have good defenses, pretty good QBs, and one outstanding receiver each (Darrell Jackson, Rod Smith, Hines Ward, and Steve Smith).

I still think that Denver will win the AFC, but I'm starting to get a bit nervous about that. Ben Roethlisberger appears to be completely healthy, and when he's healthy, they look like the team that went 15-1 last season.

On the other hand, it's not like Denver is some pretender either. They play solid defense, they can adapt to any running style that happens to be working, and they get to play at home.

I think they're evenly matched. So I'll go with the home team. As for the spread (Denver -3) you're on your own. I wouldn't either of these games with a ten foot poll.

As confused as I am about the AFC game, I'm ten times as confused about Carolina. I know Steve Smith is great. I understand that. But he's just one guy, and he's a receiver. Can't someone stop him? Besides the Packers?

Carolina has looked great, it just seems like someone will eventually figure them out. Will it be Seattle? Maybe Mike Holmgren, checking in on his old team, saw the Packers shut down Smith and he'll copy the strategy.

I'm going to go with Seattle for one reason. This year, Matt Hasselbeck threw 24 TDs and 9 picks. Jake Delhomme threw 24 TDs and 16 picks. Turnovers are usually the determining factor in any game, and Carolina is more likely to commit a turnover.

This is a tough week to predict, but I'm looking forward to it. I think that just about anything could happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo