The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ted Kennedy is a Moron

Perhaps his goal is to make jokes about himself so obvious that no self-respecting comedian can use them. From Jessica McBride:

NEW YORK (AP) — Meet the latest children's author, Sen. Ted Kennedy, and his Portuguese Water Dog, Splash, his co-protagonist in My Senator and Me: A Dogs-Eye View of Washington, D.C. (Emphasis added.)


Are you kidding me? First of all, what normal person (that being someone who has not driven a woman off of the side of a bridge and left her to die) names their dog "Splash?"

It's like he's going out of his way to taunt us.

This may be another I'm Keith Hernandez moment. The other day, at ESPN Page 2, Bill Simmons referred to Reggie Bush's ill-fated lateral as a "Keith Hernandez" moment:

By the way, I was sifting through e-mails at halftime and noticed one from Chicago reader Steve Huffman, who wrote, "It occurred to me immediately that Reggie Bush's ill-fated pitch in the second quarter was an 'I'm Keith Hernandez' moment." An excellent call. It's not like Reggie was forcing a bad play, he was probably just thinking to himself, "Screw it, I'm Reggie Bush ... I won the Heisman and I'm the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft ... let's see if I can pull this off." Can you blame him?


"Splash" is it. After all, I'm Ted Kennedy.

1 Comments:

  • Not to mention the awful plane crash into the water.

    By Blogger Mike, at 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo