The Electric Commentary

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Super Predictions

It's time, once again, to check the EC crystal ball for an early look at the big game.

1. Antwaan Randle El puts up a stellar display on special teams, returning a punt for a TD, and eventually winning the MVP award. In an effort to capitalize on his success, the Chicago Transit Authority adds "Antwaan Randle" to the name of their train system. Jerome Bettis is reportedly jealous.

2. Bettis almost misses the game when he is sucked into a rap battle with a white kid named Rabbit.

3. Joey Harrington somehow manages to throw an interception.

4. The interception somehow manages to injure Lion WR Charles Rogers.

5. Matt Hasselbeck shows up with a full head of lush hair, and reveals to the world that he had actually been selling his hair to pay for RB Shaun Alexander to sign a new contract with the Seahawks.

6. In the game's most touching moment, Shaun Alexander reveals that he intended to re-up with the team at a discount, just to gaze upon Hasselbeck's brilliant mane.

7. Jake Plummer is seen trying to return some of his hair.

8. Ben Roethlisberger not only wins the Super Bowl, but also captures the world drinking championship.

9. The Rolling Stones are detained in nearby Windsor for attempting to carry drugs across the border. To the surprise of everyone, the drugs turn out to be prescription.

10. At the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, Tom Brady and his family are cursed when they disturb what appears to be an ancient tiki idol. Upon closer inspection the Idol is discovered to be Steeler WR Hines Ward.

What do I really think?

I'm very unsure about this game, which worries me because I've been very accurate on Super Bowls. I've also been flip-flopping all week, but I think I finally have it.

Mike Holmgren isn't an idiot. He actually managed to shut down Steve Smith, and I have confidence in his ability to adjust to his opponent. He also has a very good offensive line to work with. I think that the Seattle O-line neutralizes the Steeler blitz, and manages to hit a few big plays. They can then ride Shaun for the rest of the game, holding off a late Steeler rally.

I like Seattle, and I like Bobby Engram as a dark horse MVP candidate.

I also predict a very good game. This is the prediction that I would truly like to be correct about.

2 Comments:

  • After watching the NFC Championship game, the Seahawks look an awful lot like Holmgrens great Packer teams. Plus Skip Bayless picked the Steelers so I have to go with the Seahawks.

    By Blogger Rod, at 10:57 AM  

  • I can only make one comment about number 3 on your list. "Son, Joey Harrington is no way to go through a fantasy football season." - using my best Dean Wormer impersonation.

    Go Steelers!!!

    By Blogger Johnny Legion, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo