The Electric Commentary

Thursday, April 13, 2006

You can go far with a humble paperclip.

I'm not sure if this is real or not, but MR seems to think so:

My name is Kyle MacDonald and I am trying to trade one red paperclip for a house. I started with one red paperclip on July 12th, 2005 and I am making a series of trades for bigger or better things. My current item up for trade is one year in Phoenix. Do you want one year of FREE rent in Phoenix? Pop your offer over to me at (oneredpaperclip@gmail.com)... You can see the current offers here. I live in Montreal Canada but will go anywhere in the world for the right offer.

3 Comments:

  • Who the hell would trade a pen for a paperclip? And who would trade a generator for a stove? This guy is either very savy and a hell of a negotiator, or he is throwing in a reach around that he doesn't mention on his web log.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:56 PM  

  • yeah, this is definitely real. i've been following this guy for awhile. you have to like the idea.

    By Blogger Nye!, at 7:58 PM  

  • Just talking to some lawyer friends of mine and you have to pay taxes on bartering stuff. Not really sure how that would work, but I wonder if all of this is going to be reported to the IRS.

    By Anonymous Mike, at 9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo