The Electric Commentary

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Quote of the Day

"I work in Washington and I know that money corrupts. And I and a lot of other people were trying to stop that corruption. Obviously, from what we've been seeing lately, we didn't complete the job. But I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."


John McCain, on Don Imus's radio show on April 28th. George Will mentioned it in his column today.

1 Comments:

  • My 1st Amendment law class text has a quote from a leading article that goes something like: "Freedom of speech cases are much more about personal interests than about freedom of speech. In such cases victories are so much victories for freedom of speech as they are victories for whichever side is best able to cloak their interests in 1st amendment rights." Seems relevant.

    By Blogger Scott H, at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo