The Electric Commentary

Monday, June 19, 2006

The NBA Should Be Embarrassed

Last night was a disgraceful display of "officiating" in which the Miami Heat were handed a victory that they did not deserve. I like Dwyane Wade, I went to the same school as Dwyane Wade, but Dwyane Wade's flopping and diving last night makes the average International Soccer Star look like Rambo in terms of pain tolerance. His final free throws to put the game away came on a play in which he was not touched. Hubie Brown correctly stated that the call could have gone against either Dirk or Devin, as neither one so much as breathed on Mr. Wade, and as such were equally entitled to the bogus foul.

Mark Cuban may incur the largest fine in the history of professional sports by the end of this series, and he will be completely correct. I don't know why I still watch. I suppose I like to complain. BUt really, who wants to watch a free throw contest? What a travesty.

6 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you posted that because I was absolutely fuming after the game. On the last play Wade basically got trapped and frantically tried to lunge through defenders off-balance and the refs bailed him out, despite the defenders avoiding any contact. Hell, I could have done that and I suck at basketball (although I'd probably miss both free throws).

    I guess the NBA figures it can emulate the success of Pro Wrestling as a pseudo sport.

    By Blogger Scott H, at 11:37 AM  

  • Maybe we were wrong about the foul.

    It still wasn't evenly called by any means.

    By Blogger Scott H, at 5:48 PM  

  • Every game of the series. Tonight's game was as over-the-top as any of them. Dallas took their 3rd free throw of the game in the third quarter. Pathetic.

    By Anonymous mitch, at 12:24 AM  

  • It's impressive that the NBA managed to take a series where I thought I would be happy no matter who won and have me irritated before it's even over.
    Dallas really didn't really drive to the basket or get fouled, but the calls for Wade that ended Dallas' early run were unbelievable. I guess a league that thrives off hero worshiping 12 year olds doesn't have to worry that much about quality.

    By Blogger Scott H, at 9:56 AM  

  • http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620

    Wow, I can't believe the network let him put this in print.

    By Anonymous mitch, at 9:45 AM  

  • Thanks Mitch.

    The sad part for me is that it kind of makes me want to cheer against Dwayne Wade from now on.

    By Blogger Scott H, at 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo