The Electric Commentary

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Can I pet your stingray?

I heard on the radio this morning that Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin is having its grand opening this weekend. Discovery World will feature all sorts of interactive exhibits, aquariums, banquet halls and a harbor for the tall ship that sales around Lake Michigan near Milwaukee durring the summers. I used to love this kind of stuff when I was a kid and I still do. Anything that promotes science is great in my book. The new building is very cool too and makes a nice addition to the lakefront. In light of recent events, I'm wondering how popular the "touch tanks" in the aquarium will be? According to the website, kids can interact with and touch "freshwater and salt water species including Lake Sturgeon from freshwater lakes and salt water rays and sharks."

Three-sentence Movie Review: I watched Oldboy, a 2003 South Korean film directed by Park Chan-wook and starring Choi Min-sik, and winner of the Grand Prix at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival (Quentin Tarrantino made a big effort to persuade the members of the jury to award it the top prize, the Palme d’Or, but they gave that to some movie about a fat guy and a terrorist attack or something). The plot is similar to The Count of Monte Cristo, but with more incest. The fight scenes look like side-scrolling video games from the 80s.

Speaking of movies, check out this trailer for Jesus Camp:



I'm a little worried about the future of the planet. (hat tip JIJAWM)

4 Comments:

  • Jesus Camp looks like one of the scariest horror films in decades.


    Remember Jesse Camp? And the 8th Street Kidz?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:26 AM  

  • Yeah, it was a crime when he beat out Dave. I wonder what happened to that guy. Say What? Karaoke is a cruel fate.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 11:09 AM  

  • Oldboy exceeded my cringe factor. Why did it have to be so gross? It also made me want to eat vegetable dumplings.

    By Blogger Moral Turpitude, at 5:36 PM  

  • "Remember Jesse Camp?"

    That guy was so annoying. I remember he pretended to be homeless to win that stupid VJ contest and then he was exposed for being rich and attending a rich prep school and lost all credibility with the MTV generation. Much like when B. Rabbit exposed his oponent Clarance of attending Cranbrook when he "battled" him at "the 313" in one of the sillier movies I've ever seen, 8 Mile.

    "Oldboy exceeded my cringe factor."

    Mine too. If I would have used a fourth sentence it would have been, "I guy eats a live octopus and it is yucky."

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo