The Electric Commentary

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Have You Seen This Christmas Special?



This is the terrifying "Santa Clause Is Coming To Town."

In it, (if memory serves) we learn that Santa Claus was raised by lions and a fairy, that immortal, 10-foot-tall people roam the woods, that Santa's band of immortal friends brutally slaughtered a bunch of monsters who wanted to stop Santa from "making children happy." And that Santa was going to die until the antler guy decided to give him the "mantle of immortality."

This is allegedly a Christmas story, but seriously, where did they come up with this? Is it based on anything?

It's weird, it uses that creepy stop-motion animation like in Frosty and Rudolf, except it's 10 times more disturbing, and I can't think of a single audience that they're targeting here.

Did I mention that at one point Santa is tied up and attacked in a cave by a cobra and a tarantula? I'm not kidding.

Even though it's both nonsensical and terrifying I have to watch it whenever it's on. It's such a train wreck that you just can't look away. Even the musical numbers are jaw-droppingly awful.

I've never met anyone (except for Danny, I assume) that has seen it though, so I'm taking this time to spread the creepiness for the holidays. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  • I had forgotten about this thing completely. Wow is it creepy. For the record though, Frosty is a regular cartoon while this thing and Rudolph are "Puppetoons." Fred Astaire is in this? Wow.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo