The Electric Commentary

Friday, February 23, 2007

Attention Brewers Fans

Cubs Tickets go on sale today.

Why am I telling you this? Because, as all of our Wisconsin readers know, the Cubs have a bad habit of turning Miller Park into Wrigley Field North, but Brewers fans rarely travel down here. Last year the Brew Crew and the Cubbies did not play a weekend series in Wrigley Field which made hiking down from Milwaukee a chore, but this year they have a Fri/Sat/Sun series from June 29-July 1st, and there is no excuse for any self-respecting Brewers fan to miss these games.

In Chicago today the productivity level will drop to NCAA tournament-like levels as every Cubs fan waits in the virtual waiting room trying to get tickets.

You should too.

It's actually sort of fun to buy Cubs tickets today because when you get through the waiting room it feels like you won a contest. All you have to do is go here and follow the instructions. You may want to get an MLB.com account in advance, although it is not necessary. Starting at 9:30 you can enter the "virtual waiting room" by clicking on the little "t" icon on the proper day on the Cubs' schedule.

Tickets go on sale at 10:00. Most fans down here try to get Cubs/White Sox tickets first, so if you can get through the waiting room, you should be able to get good seats at a good price.

Good luck. I want to see all of you down here for that series, no excuses.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I don't know if I have the patience for stuff like this. It's been three hours and I'm still in this stupid waiting room! At least there's no smoking in here :)

    By Blogger Nick, at 12:42 PM  

  • I've been in the whole time too with no luck. But I'm sticking it out.

    By Blogger PaulNoonan, at 12:51 PM  

  • Good news and bad news. Bad news is I gave up so I could grab some lunch :) Good news is I just bought some Sat. tickets from another site. Probably way overpaid, but oh well, I've always wanted to get to Wrigley.

    By Blogger Nick, at 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo