The Electric Commentary

Friday, February 02, 2007

Super Bowl Prediction

I believe that the Bears will win, making my life in Chicago miserable for a few weeks. Why?

After reading this and this I'm convinced, although I'm not terribly confident of that pick. The Bears win games with their defense and special teams. The D and ST put the offense in low-risk situations that keep "bad Rex" in check. Basically, as long as Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson keep Rex in 3rd and short situations instead of 3rd and long situations, the Bears will limit their turnovers and get easy points. The Colts may have stopped the run in the playoffs, but they did not just get better by some magical change in the minds of the gods of run defense. They were helped out by Herm Edwards and Brian Billick. They are still lousy against the run.

The Colts offense should be able to move the ball with some efficiency, but the Bears will probably take away most big plays and Dallas Clark, and I'll wager that Peyton is good for 2 picks in this game. That should be enough for the Bears.

On the other hand, if the Colts can play from ahead and force Grossman to throw the ball, I suspect that the Colts will blow them out. The one thing I will predict is that whoever wins, the game will not be close.

I like the Bears to win (and hate the Bears in every other way) but I hope I'm wrong.

2 Comments:

  • Given that you suck at picking winners, and you hate the Bears, did you make this post just to jinx them?

    Colts 28, Bears 10.

    By Blogger DannyNoonan, at 3:52 PM  

  • The Tecmo Super Bowl 2006 simulator picks the Colts 9-7.

    http://thundermatt.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Scott H, at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo