The Electric Commentary

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bias and the Associated Press

In my post below about Professor Kaplan, some anonymous commenter takes me to task for criticizing the Associated Press's treatment of the story. This is stupid, because my post had very little, if anything, to do with the media coverage of this Kaplan mess. And I never mentioned the AP story. But just for kicks, here's the Associated Press's headline for their article about Kaplan's response letter:

Wis. professor acknowledges remarks about Hmong caused pain

And here is the letter.

Read the whole thing. The story itself is actually pretty fair, but why use that headline? It makes it sound as if Kaplan was admitting he was wrong. I don't think we was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo