The Electric Commentary

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Nice Job Milwaukee

Gracious hosts as always. From ESPN:

"I thought it would be like five, maybe 500," Borowski said. "I thought it would be like an American Legion game. I mean come on, less than 24 hours notice? I didn't think anyone would be here."

His teammates for the most part agreed. So imagine the look on their faces when they took the field here Tuesday night and saw Miller Park's first and second decks loaded with baseball fans. Imagine what they were thinking in the third inning, when Brewers officials had to open the outfield bleachers to accommodate even more fans. And imagine the befuddlement when, in the eighth inning, the attendance was officially announced at 19,031.

"You can't say enough about Milwaukee," Borowski said. "I was amazed. Absolutely amazed. Nobody imagined this. It actually felt like a home game."


And a nice job on "the wave" too:

No, the Indians wanted to talk about this crowd. And more specifically, a slow-motion wave that the fans did during the seventh inning that nearly put the team in a trance. The slow motion wave is a tradition that was started during football games at the University of Wisconsin.

"It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen," Borowski said. "I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me."

"I had never seen the slow-mo wave before," manager Eric Wedge said. "That locked me up."

2 Comments:

  • Going to a Badgers game is impressive. Not only the slow-mo wave, but reversing the wave, fast waves... The crowds there are obviously something to be imitated :)

    By Blogger Nick, at 12:16 PM  

  • $10 bucks a ticket helps the turnout. It convince me to catch the last two games.

    It was my first time to experience the slo-mo, fast and reverse waves.

    Dean

    By Blogger TC, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo