The Electric Commentary

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Why would you vote for any of these people?

Politicians should be viewed with suspicion because they spend millions of dollars of donor money gathering the power to spend millions of dollars of your money. And telling you to thank them for the privilege. Ergo, most politicians are evil.

Some are just stupid. Mike Huckabee is apparently stupid. And evil.

Mitt Romney belongs to a crazy religion. If you ask him the famous "boxers or briefs?" question, he would have to reply that he is wearing crazy Mormon underwear. His favorite book is the product of an even crazier religion. He is also a conservative who would probably expand government health care at great cost. Weirdo.

John McCain sponsored one of the most unconstitutional pieces of garbage ever to emerge from the Senate. I will not forgive him for this. Here's a fun quote:

"I work in Washington and I know that money corrupts. And I and a lot of other people were trying to stop that corruption. Obviously, from what we've been seeing lately, we didn't complete the job. But I would rather have a clean government than one where quote First Amendment rights are being respected that has become corrupt. If I had my choice, I'd rather have the clean government."


Nothing cleans up government like silencing opposing views.

My problem with Democrats is that they always stick their noses where they don't belong. They're bossy, they tend to be economic illiterates, and they smell bad. Well, that's just Teddy but if he hangs out with you long enough it starts to spread. With Hillary, I am worried about draconian environmental laws. I'm an environmentalist, but if the government gets involved I suspect that they will overreact.

I don't know much about Obama, except that he wants change. Well, I also know this, and this.

If I seem softer on the Democrats it is only out of ignorance. There has been the usual empty rhetoric spewing forth from both candidates. As far as I can tell they are both in favor of lower taxes, higher taxes, lower spending, higher spending, more freedom, and more government intrusions.

I do not believe that any of these people are as qualified as I am to be president. Why should I vote for any of them? I can't see any of them on TV without either cringing or laughing.

I'll probably go with my brother's old method of selling his vote for beer.

1 Comments:

  • You're in Illinois, so you might as well sell it for beer. Illinois will go Democrat anyway in the general. Your vote can count if you vote for a Republican in the primary though. In fact, Danny's in Wisconsin, so maybe you should buy his vote & throw yours in for free.

    Anyway, McCain's campaign finance was flawed (in the unconstiutional sense), but I figure that if he was willing to do something that supposedly hurt his own party, which really wasn't disputed, then that's a good thing considering how many politicians put their party before anything other than themselves.

    By Anonymous Scott H, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Search:
Keywords:
Amazon Logo